Description: If you'd like to have the ability for emailing documents and approval alerts from Eclipse, then you need to have SMTP settings configured.
Software Version: Eclipse ECM (all versions)
1. From your Eclipse server, open Eclipse Server Configuration.
2. Press the Next button 4 times
3. Everything above the circled section in the image below you don't have to touch. Everything circled requires your specific SMTP info.
4. Fill in SMTP Host, username, password. Check SSL if you require it and press advanced SMTP settings to configure the right port.
5. Press Test SMTP settings to check whether it works.